|Caption||Hitching Post From Town of Etowah|
|Object Name||Post, Hitching|
Black cast iron hitching post that stood on the town square of Etowah, the ruins of which now lie under Lake Allatoona. The post has three rings attached around the base of the dome-shaped top of the post.
The post was salvaged from the town before the lake was filled in.
|Year Range from||1850|
|Year Range to||1859|
Etowah (Town of)
|Provenance||The post was salvaged from the site by the lender before the lake was filled in.|